BigDat 2019 will take place in Cambridge, a city home of a world-renowned university. The venue will be:
- University of Cambridge
- Department of Engineering
- Trumpington Street
- Cambridge CB2 1PZ
- ▸ There is not enough space to store suitcases, people are invited not to bring them in the building the last day of the event.
- ▸ Children below 16 years old are not allowed on the premises unless specifically authorized in advance.
- ▸ No animals of any kind.
- ▸ People who have disabilities and/or need of companion dog need to specify during registration that and warn in advance building and safety managers.
- ▸ People who have specific allergies or particular phobias need to specify during registration that and warn in advance building and safety managers.
Safety and Logistics
Lectures are taking place in LT0 (Auditorium, Baker building), LT1 and LT2 (Inglis building). The areas in yellow are those accessible by BigDat2019 attendee.
Key doors are marked in red:
- ● Entrance 1: main entrance an exit of Baker Building, access to Registration Area and Auditorium (LT0)
- ● Entrance 2: access to inner court and pathway to move from LT0 to LT1 & LT2
- ● Entrance 6: main entrance an exit of Inglis Building, access to LT1 & LT2
All doors are locked from 5:00pm, it is always possible to exit the buildings but not enter back again. BigDat2019 staff can open the doors during the last break to enable people moving from one building to the other.
Leave the building by the nearest exit, move directly to the Assembly Point, using a safe external route (see plan overleaf):
- ● If exiting via the Reception assemble in the Royal Cambridge Hotel Car Park.
- ● If exiting onto Courtyard or Centre Roadway assemble on Coe Fen.
Out of Hours (5pm to 8am, Monday to Friday) assemble in the Department of Architecture Car Park (opposite Baker Reception).
Closest and most convenient Emergency Exits are marked in red by number 1, 2, 6 and 7 in the Map below.
Report details of any fire or incident to the Fire Marshal, site Security or Fire Brigade (once on site) and await further instruction
Accident or Incident
During normal working hours (8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday), if you require first aid or witness an accident:
- ● Telephone reception on 01223(3) 32600 and they will contact a first aider for you;
- ● If there is no response from Reception dial 999 for Ambulance, Fire or Police Emergency Services, stating Department of Engineering and your location.
Outside of normal working hours (5pm to 8am, Monday to Friday), if you require first aid or witness an accident:
- ● dial 999 for Ambulance, Fire or Police Emergency Services, stating Department of Engineering and your location.
- ● Where possible call University Central Security on 01223 (3) 31818 to inform them of the incident.